Question
Posted by: JayJay | 2009-01-10

orgasm pain?

i recently experienced a very severe pain from the top of my head to the base of my skull at the point of orgasm. is this normal &  what causes it? the pain lasts for a day or two. this happened with my boyfriend &  while masturbating.

The most common side effect of sexual activity is HEADACHE. Contrary to popular belief its more prevalent in men than women and occurs AFTER sex not before. Its cause by a sudden increase in blood pressure during orgasm. Its most common in people who already have elevated Blood pressure. So if it happens to you have your blood pressure checked. From you description though and the positioningof the headache I suspect that the cause was a muscle spasm in the neck from the orgasmic contractions.