Posted by: SG | 2009-08-17

Orgasm issue

Hi,I am a 55 year old male that has had very little sexual activity with my wife over the past year and have taken to masturbating lately.I have noticed that when I orgasm that even though I have the sensation of ejaculating there is almost nothing there - if at all.
I might mention that I do have a very slightly enlarged prostate for which I have medication for.
Is the above normal or should I see a dr to check it out ?

A slightly enlarged prostate is quite common as men age, and since you are receiving medication for this, I assume that this is being checked on a regular basis. The most likely reason for this is that you are only now noticing the quantity since your ejaculate is visible to you during masturbation; it is quite normal for the quantity of fluids to diminish with age. You may also notice that the force with which it is ejected is less than it may have once been. Why don't you check this out with your doctor when you go for your next prostate check?