Question
Posted by: mountain biker | 2010-03-23

orbitrek

I have a orbitrek at home, well my wife does. But i would like too know is it worth bye''ing an indoor trainer for the bike or is the orbitrek god enough for my early morning exercise.

It's OK, my biggest problem with any indoor exercise is monotony, because exercise needs to be long-term, not a one month "project". This means that you have to really commit to doing training, and my feeling is that people get bored very quickly when they can train from home. It's also too convenient, which often means they put it off for later, but later never comes!

So by all means, it's good, if you use it. If you can get a bike as well, then you add variety, which will help, but I'd still encourage you to find some time to get outside as well, and commit to training with other people at least once a week, for the variety and encouragement it provides.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010-03-27

Reply to fitnessdoc