Question
Posted by: cyclist | 2009-04-20

orbitrek

As the winter is on its way, i was wondering how a workout on an orbitrek would compare to cycling?

Not 100% sure, I suspect it's not far off in terms of energy expenditure. I've always found the movement quite constrained and unnatural, and so never really felt that for a long workout, it offers the same benefit. The elliptical movement of the legs is quite unusual and therefore I believe might predispose to overuse injuries if you are not careful and do too much too soon.

But as part of a training programme, that consists of a mix of cardio training types, I'd find it difficult to pull them apart. But as a focus of training, I don't think it compares.

2

I know commited cycling makes you lose a lot of weight.

Posted by: Kimmy | 2009-04-20

I have an orbitrek and you work up quite a sweat on it.

Reply to Kimmy