Question
Posted by: Colin | 2011/01/11

Oratane over use

I was prescribed Oratane for my acne. I took one 20mg capsule daily for about 6-7 months which cleared my face up nicely. However I didn''t realise how powerful/strong Oratane is and continued using it for an additional year taking 2 capsules a week or roughly 8-9 capsules a month. (I didn''t consult a dermatologist during the year) I only realised now how wrong my actions were and I am worried about the side effects of this over use (19months total usage, I don''t seem to have any of the notable side effects of oratane usage). I am a 23 year old male. Please assist.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Colin, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my response.

Your best option would be to consult your family doctor and ask for some blood tests to check for any changes the Roaccutane may have produced. It is unlikely that any abnormalities will be found as we have had a number of patients that have followed your regime (albeit for shorter durations) with no problems.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2011/01/20

Reply to anti-ageing expert