Posted by: Worried | 2009-08-21

I' ve been on oratane for my acne since April and stopped using it a month ago, I would like to know why one should not conceive while using oratane and should it happen what is would really happen, i' ve read on the oratane website but i don' t understand medical jargons and need someone to explain what will happen to the baby, what' s the risk in keeping the baby and not aborting is there test that can be done to see if the medication has harmed the baby in any way

I will appreciate your answer

Oratane causes severe physical abnormalties. You can ask your gynaecologist to do a detailed ultrasound to evaluate the fetus. Please note that you should use a contraceptive whilst being on Oratane.