Question
Posted by: Ebie | 2011-08-11

Q.

Oralcon Contraceptive &  serious side effects

I''ve started on Oralcon about 2 weeks ago and have been experiencing very bad mood swings, irritability &  depression. So much that people around me complain. Also I''m dead tired all the time, nauseous, and extremely dizzy - so much I fell down because of it. This only started in the last week or so. Could the pill cause this reactions and should I immediately stop using it? I''ve also heard this is the generic of Nordette, and that Nordette has been taken off the market - but why?
Thank you.

Expert's Reply

A.

It is common to have side effects when starting the Pil. These usually get better in the first two months. It is usually issues of cost which cause originals to be taken off the market and generics to be used.

61
user comments

C.

I am struggling to loose weight, is it the progesterone in the pill or what. How long does the pill stay in my body as am afraid to stop using because I might catch

Posted by: deneesha | 2014-08-18

Hi I took two white pills for three days then one white pill to end the white pills quicker. I then started with the red and also took two but only took two red pills twice. So I had unprotected sex therefore my question is Will i fall pregnant as I didn't get my period yet ? I've been using oralcon for 3 months and never skipped a pill. Thanks

Reply to deneesha
Posted by: deneesha | 2014-08-18

Reply to deneesha
Posted by: dj | 2014-08-09

I used Oralcon pill for three months I stopped on my fourth pack when I was starting my period on the 3rd July, had mood swings and depression. after stopping I was having unprotected sex with my boyfriend for two weeks. on the 18th July I spotted but used liner but got full and second liner was not full everyday for 3 days and from there only had a drop daily and that took 7 days in all. Today is the 9 august never got my period back and I'm having lower abdominal pain on the right side mostly sometimes it shift to the right, I tested the test is negative but could i be pregnant ?????? pls help!!!

Reply to dj
Posted by: undo | 2014-08-06

hi i ve been started the oralcon pill and nou my period is non stop is this normal?please help me n i have pain since i use this pill

Reply to undo
Posted by: Joyce Patrick | 2014-05-26

I am Mrs Joyce Patrick from Canada, I have great joy in me as i am writing this testimony about the great man called Dr.Ekpiku When my lover left me i never taught that i will be able to get him back after all he has put me through, But i am so happy that after the interference of Dr.Ekpiku i was able to get my lover back after 24hours and i can proudly to say, that who ever need help in getting there lover back should contact Dr.Ekpiku on these contact details below Ekpikuspelltemple@live.com for proper understanding of what i have just witness. And i promise that he will help you as he help me.

Reply to Joyce Patrick
Posted by: anna | 2014-03-28

HELLO, i want to share this wonderful testimony to the world as a whole in case there is some body in this same situation. i was diagnosed of HIV in the year 2009 until i meant testimony online by a woman with name Anita about a man called Dr Okoro , i was not too sure if it was real until i contacted him my self . I thought that there was never a cure for my deadly ailment but Dr Okoro told me that his herbs could cure me, and then i decided to give him a try, he then told me that once i start taking his herbs, that it will only take me some days to be cured, i believed him and took the herb with faith. after he gave me the medication, i took it and i was feeling some new signs in my body and i decided to go for a test and the result stated that i was HIV negative, i was very happy and even called my pastor and told him about it, i am very happy that i am now HIV negative and i am also happy that i will not be celebrating this Christmas as an HIV patient as i have did for the past 4 years, so help me say a very big thank you to Doctor Okoro for saving me from the hands of the deadly ailment. if you are also in this type of situation and you are seeking for solution, seek no more for you have received the right information you have been wanting for a very long time in this type of issues you are very free to contact Dr Okoro today through his private email: Drokorotemplt@gmail.com or call him on his mobile number : +2348051785597. i strongly believe that he will help you out just as he did mine, stay cool and God bless Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year in advance. email: DROKOROTEMPLE@GMAIL.COM

Reply to anna
Posted by: vecky | 2014-03-28

Reply to vecky
Posted by: neo | 2014-03-27

i started using oralcon for a months and now i have all pregnancy symptoms mood swings,dizziness, etc and i havnt seen my period. i didnt have sexual intercourse ever since i started using it so my question is can it stops you from seing your period

Reply to neo

can oralcon stops your period?

since i've started to use Nordette and it went off from market they introduced the Oralcon and i go for it...what i can say is that now i had experienced on bad smell discharge that all....but now its has stopped.

I have been trying for 10 years to get pregnant and needed help! Been going to the doctors but still nothing. the doctor said my husband and i are fine , I don't know where else to turn. until one day I read howdr.ukpoyanspellhome@gmail.com helped others get pregnant ONLINE i then contacted the great spell caster via email and he cast a pregnancy spell for me and gave me a 1month sure guarantee that i will become pregnant ,and exactly 6weeks later I went to check and i was pregnant and later on i gave birth, i can never forget the great spell caster that`s opened my blessings of conceiving today its marking 5years my son was born and i also have a baby girl who is one and half years old, i want to use this medium to tell other women out there who is having pregnancy issues not to wait for years like i did contact him today email: dr.ukpoyanspellhome@gmail.com

Posted by: nokwanda | 2014-03-09

I have been on oralcon for 3yrs nw and I have minor pimples which come and go from time to time other than that they great I went through most of the side -effects but now 'm fine. For those of u who still have problems with oralcon u shuld consider or contraceptive pills, hope they help u

Reply to nokwanda
Posted by: gk | 2014-02-14

I have been on nustrate for a year and my menstruation have been abnormal, within two months of the injection I only menstruation on the secondition month and it takes 3 weeks to stop. The nurse gave me oralcon to take so my menstrual can get back to normal. Will this help

Reply to gk
Posted by: Milly | 2014-02-12

Started using OralCon 7days ago. Its my 1st time,I'm taking them to regulate my hormones and periods. On sunday I mysteriously started getting sick,I've never been sick like this before,it started as a headache,the progressed I got a high temp I had to sleep in the nude. Decided to take some pain meds cause of the horrible headache,I slept bt monday morning I woke up worse,congested nose,sore painfully dry throat. Its wednesday today and I'm experiencing diarrhea. Is this a coincidence? I don't think so. Could it be my body adjusting to the pill? Pls help I feel horrible?

Reply to Milly
Posted by: lisa | 2014-02-10

What scares me about all the comments is that I have been using this pill for almost 2 months now - absolutely no side effects. It is like im not on anything - makes me wander if it is effective with me at all.

Reply to lisa | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: T | 2014-07-30

ive also been on oralcon for 2months and no major side effects

Posted by: linhle | 2014-02-10

Hi ive been on Oralcon for a month and im experiencing moodswings,,pregnancy symptoms,,depression,,heavy bleeding,,oily skin ,,short temper ...its da worst period ive ever seen in my lyf en i was using 3mnths injection i left it because i was having crs bladder pains

Reply to linhle

Hi,i started using oralcon two weeks back,i have all the pregnancy signs and symptoms,i feel dizzy,moody,when i get hungry i feel like im dying,should i stop it?im so confused

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Thabi | 2014-03-27

i also feel the same, i have used it for a month and i'm feeling pregnant i have all pregnancy symptoms. i'm so scared i dont know whether its the pill or i'm really pregnant. can a someone prefessional respond to this please

Hi! I have been taking oralcon since january7,2014. And I notice I am having discharge which smell rather unpleasant . It also come out in my sweat. I just don't understand what is going on.

Hi I've been using oralcon for 3years and I have lots of pimples. Should i stop using?

Hi I am 19 and I have been using Oralcon for 4 months and I drink it at night before I sleep, I still experince side effects like many women have mentioned above but they light but one I don't know about is that when I smell Food I feel extremely nauses, is it normal? And my boyfriend and I are planning on having kids some day so by taking the pill at my age will it prevent me from having kids one day?

Posted by: Nats | 2014-01-02

Hi, I've been on this pill for longer than a year. This pill is not good whatsoever, yes, it does affect people differently, but since i've been on this pill, i've been nervous, hands keep shaking, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, forgetful, bloatedness, abdominal pain, sore breasts & bad mood swings, that comes with irritability. I had pregnant signs, it was horrible. I decided to go off, and everything is going back to normal again, i feel like the normal person that i was before starting that.

Reply to Nats
Posted by: Meg | 2013-12-12

I started using Oralcon 10 days ago at the start of my period as told by my doctor. Ive now been bleeding for 10 days when my period usually lasts for max 7 days. Is this normal?

Reply to Meg

I have taken Oralcon for a week now, feel ok. Just alittle aggressive and hungry but that's it. Reading these comments scare me.

Posted by: Fifi | 2013-10-27

Hi..i it possible to get pregnant if you had sex two days before mensturation,infact i had unprotected sex,but i left with 2 red oralcon left,nothing happening even now,can i get pregnant easy,please help..

Reply to Fifi
Posted by: chanda | 2013-10-26

I was using oralcon for the past three mnths ve had terrible headaches.hubby en I will jst go back to condoms

Reply to chanda
Posted by: Susanna | 2013-10-15

ive just started oralcon 2weeks ago.. and since last week im having low abdominal pain. .and also my stomach keeps running everytime o eat something.. I cant keep food in..are this the side effects also.?

Reply to Susanna
Posted by: baby | 2013-10-11

It is safe to use

Reply to baby

NO

Posted by: Tarryn | 2013-09-16

I would just like to say that I have been on Oralcon since Nordette was taken off the market a couple of years ago and I have had no problems. What we all have to remember is that every single one of us is different and our bodies don't all react the same, especially if you are judging the product within the first few weeks of use when your body is still adjusting to it. Safest thing to do is always get a second opinion from a professional before trying something new. I for one think Oralcon is awesome and have no regrets about using it.

Reply to Tarryn
Posted by: dima | 2013-09-12

i recently stopped taking oralcon pill about 7 days ago and i was still on the white pills, yesterday i started bleeding lightly and still am. is this normal?

Reply to dima | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: zanele | 2014-03-26

no its not ..but what i suggest to people they musn't just take preventions without consulting a doctor...coz our womb doesn't accept same thing as all does..that why you find people saying their pregnant while they were taking pills.

Posted by: keneiloe boice | 2013-08-23

I don't believe I have gained so much weight I was weighing abot 62kg nd now I'm weighing a hoping 67 kg no ways I'm stoppin these pills any suggestions of other contraceptions to use.

Reply to keneiloe boice
Posted by: keneiloe boice | 2013-08-23

Reply to keneiloe boice
Posted by: anonymous | 2013-07-22

Hi I'm 18 years old and I was given oralcon to regulate my period, I don't have bad skin and I'm thin. Will I gain weight and get acne? Like evryone else on this site? Some advise please. I'm scared

Reply to anonymous
Posted by: patricia | 2013-07-19

I've used so many pills and even the injection for the past year, but nothing helped me....I was bleeding for a year and 2 months, but finally stopped 2 weeks ago after going for a procedure. I've started using Oralcon for 2 weeks now, and now I'm getting all these pimples which I never had before, I'm very moody. Should I stop using this pill, because I really don't wanna see 2 or 3 new pimples every morning when I wake up?

Reply to patricia

Hi I was just wondering if anyone could assist me. I am on oralcon and have been bleeding after making love to my husband and was wondering if there is something wrong down there. Thank u

Posted by: Norma | 2013-07-02

I have been bleeding for a month and my doc put me on Oralcon to regulate.I've been using it for the the last 2 weeks now and have the worst side effects ever . watery mouth, nausea, dizzy spells and worst of all I eat all the time cause if I dont eat it feels like im going to die ! I feel depressed and irritable! This pill is not right . And for the record after day 3 I stopped bleeding and started again on day 5 ! and it's still going! What can I do im feeling really tired .......

Reply to Norma

I have started using oralcon in the past 3 months and I have mood swing,low lobido and thatn is affecting my marriage.I wonder if shud i stop

Posted by: Irene | 2013-05-14

Hi, Ive been using Oralcon for two weeks now and have these severe headaches and feel fatigue. I also have been experiencing a discharge which i didnt get when i was on Triphasal and the sister at the clinic claims it is same as Triphasal. I have also lost weight. Please tell me about this Oralcon anyone. I also get lower abdominal discomfort.

Reply to Irene
Posted by: mike | 2013-05-04

my kid eat this pill what should I do he is 3 years old

Reply to mike | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: shirley | 2014-02-12

ur insane

Posted by: Neo Mamakoko | 2011-11-28

Hi.... I recently started using oralcon about 4 days ago actually and it makes me nauseous and gives me a stomach ache. Really wondering if I should stay on it or maybe go back to my doctor and look at other options

Reply to Neo Mamakoko
Posted by: Mandy | 2011-11-22

Hi..I stopped taking the injection because i had unstoppable bleeding while i was o it. I have been using oralcon for only a week and i have experienced itching, dryness and inflamation in my vagina. Could oralcon be the cause for this?

Reply to Mandy
Posted by: Tee | 2011-11-22

ive used oralcon for a month and had the worst side effects ever, i had super tender breasts, mood swings, low lubido :(, no eppitite, constantly tired and more. I hate this pill with a passion i think it should be taken off the market, the side effect are terrible.

Reply to Tee
Posted by: SANDY | 2011-11-09

Ladies

i was taking ovral 28 for 3 months and i suddenly developed constant headache, severe one. my las period was even shorter and headache tables were no longer helping. my doctor examined me, i was soclose to having a strong and she told me to stop the pill immediately. i have been off it for 2 days now and the headache is so mild i feel a lot better. i was considering ORALCON, but you scared me, i quit. my husband agrees we should just stick to condoms, its safer

Reply to SANDY
Posted by: buhle | 2011-10-20

Does nordettes and oralcon work the same way and what side or after effects do they have?

Reply to buhle | 1 comment (hide)

they work the same dear...

Posted by: Lescha | 2011-10-18

Hi have been on it for about a week now, i can so far only talk good about it. my lobido is up and i am more " oiled"  down there. and i actually have been in a much better mood since ive been taking them.

Reply to Lescha
Posted by: Mandy | 2011-10-07

I have been using oralcon for a month and half and I have a severe breakout, my skin looks terrible. I hate this pill!!!!!!

Reply to Mandy
Posted by: confused | 2011-09-05

hi,i1ve jst started using this pill nd honestly u guys hve actually managed to scare me a bit,esp the reader who had a stroke......hope da doc can clear things up as soon as possible

Reply to confused
Posted by: Janine | 2011-08-30

I used oralcon for a month and a half and suffered a stroke.can this be the cause,no previous hypertension problems and been using nordette for years with no problems the doctors cant find a cause for my stroke can anyone reply or shed some light

Reply to Janine
Posted by: jackie | 2011-08-30

Hi there, i was also on Triphasil and the clinic told me that oralcon is the generic for Triphasil and not Nordette. i stopped taking oralcon in December because of serious moodswings and weight gain!! it has also messed up my cycle from having two periods in one month and then no period for 3 months... anyone else with this problem?

Reply to jackie
Posted by: Sylvia | 2011-08-19

Previously I have been using Tryphasils and recently change to Oralcon, it has been two weeks Iam now experiencing non stop period is that a normal thing ....

Kind Regards

Reply to Sylvia | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Odette | 2013-06-26

Hi. I was on Trigresgtral for 2 years after Triphasal was discontinued, then the clinic put me on Oralcon, WHAT A DISASTER!!!! I experienced emotional outbursts, depression and I menstruated for 3 weeks, I eventually picked up the courage to go see the doctor. He said that I must immediately stop with Oralcon and gave me a script for Logynon, I am finally back to normal.

Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-08-16

Want to comment?