Question
Posted by: Lee | 2012-02-04

Oralcon

Hello Doc

I am on oralcon and have noticd that i will not get my period until the red pills are done, this does not seem normal to me.
I was thinking of changing to the injection but am not sure how it works and what are the side effects and does the local clinics give them as i am tired of taking pills.

Could you please advise.

Much appreciated

Lee

There are two types of injection, namely Depo-Provera and Nur-Isterate. They commonly have all the side effects of oral contraceptives. The main advantage of injections are that you do not have to remember to take a tablet daily. The clinic will gladly assist you with administering the injection.