Posted by: Chan | 2012-04-11

Oral Thrush, advice please

I have been under the weather so to speak for the past 2 weeks...been working hard and neglecting myself. Its a week and a half now and i have been battleing with oral thrush. My doctor put me on Altosec for the acid ulcer that she says i have and gave me something to gargle with for 4 days. I started myself on echincea tablets to boost my immune system and also i am taking probiotic tablets, and also eating lots of yoghurt, as this cools my mouth off from the uncomfortable burning prickly feeling....I am also taking honey mixed wixed with cinnamon and lemon juice to boost my immune system, its just taking sooo long to get better now, do you think that i am taking too much to boost my immune system??? Help please.

No, you are definately not taking too much. Reconsult your doctor for possible blood tests, to determine if you have a vitamin or iron deficiency, which is hendering your recovery.

Posted by: Nima | 2012-05-05

Great talk. The whole subject is still an elehnapt in the room. I recently heard that the life expectancy for a baby girl born in Ireland today is 100 years!In medieval Britain the average life expectancy was 30. However for the British aristocracy during this time it was 59. Sometimes we forget that many didn''t die of age related disease centuries ago so it''s harder to gauge the true increase in live expectancy. However with stem cell research and genomics we''re on the cusp of a new age.

Reply to Nima