Question
Posted by: Kathy | 2010/12/05

Oral Thrush

I recently had a severe tooth infection wich required antibiotics. I now have a very white tongue which burns slightly and I suspect this is oral thrush. What medicine is available and do you require a prescription or can one get it over the counter. Also, I seem to have developed the tooth pain again wich makes me worry that I will have to go on antibiotics again. Can I take antibiotics and thrush medication at the same time? Thanks Kathy

Hallo Kathy
Try Mycostatin drops or Daktarin oral jel - you should be able to buy OTC. You can use thrush medication and antibiotics at the same time, and get some probiotics too to use while you are on antibiotics

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/12/06

Hallo Kathy