Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/26

oral sex and infected tonsils

I gave oral sex to my new boyfriend about 4/5 days ago, now my tonsils are red, swollen and coated with pus. What could be the causes and how is it treated? If the cause is an STD, which one?

Dear Anonymous
It may just be a streptococcal throat infection, and it sounds as if you need antibiotics for this. If your boyfriend has signs of STD (like a yellow discharge, sores on the penis or swollen glands) you should mention this to the doctor so that he can give you a broad spectrum antibiotic that will cover STD's too. One can get a sore throat from gonococcal infection.