Posted by: Frank | 2009-02-17

Oral sex and hiv(worried)

Last night I had oral sex with a woman I hardly know and it was unsafe as I didn' t use any latex barrier, but afterwards I rinsed and gurgled with warm water and an oral antisepic. I don' t think I swallowed any fluids from her, but I' m worried that I may be infected with HIV or any of the STI' s since it was unsafe.
Does having oral sex make person easily susceptible to HIV infection.

Dear Frank
Yes HIV and STD's can be transmitted by oral sex (any mucous membrane contact for that matter) See
The risk is however lower than unprotected vaginal sex.

Posted by: annonn | 2009-03-04

same here dude (worried) and i am worried sick though i have done some research and advised risk is very low.but eish chana.

Reply to annonn
Posted by: annonn | 2009-03-04

It is much easier to get HIV from anal or vaginal sex without a condom than from oral sex without a condom.

Reply to annonn
Posted by: anon | 2009-02-17

Check out www(dot) thebody(dot) com this site will provide all the info you need, answer all your questions, put your mind at ease whilst making you feel less alone in the world. I can tell you that it is considered very very very low risk. The only sure way to find out though is to do a test at the 6 week mark. Good luck and God bless. Also, try to remain calm, seriously, the odds are very much in your favour that you are fine. Do the test, it will set you free. Worrying will hurt you far more.

Reply to anon