Question
Posted by: Kate | 2009-08-31

Oral Sex &  Glandular Fever

My boyfriend had glandular fever a little over a month ago. I understand that this disease can only be contracted once but I' ve never had it before.

I remember reading on a website that the germs is only in the throat and varies from person to person as to whether they are still infectious or not. We havn' t kissed since the time and I haven' t given him head.

I was wondering if I could give him oral sex because I couldn' t find any information as to glandular fever being contracted via ejaculation or precum. I am thinking that it can' t because the germs is in the throat but is that right?

Attached find a link that could provide you with some information about glandular fever. You will read that it is a fairly common infection and often people have it without necessarily having the symptoms. Being around a person that has it opens the risk for you to get it – it does not only have to be through kissing. Furthermore clinically it is found that the active infectious stage is usually 4-5 weeks. You mentioned that he had the infection more than a month ago – which seems to be out of the “danger” time period. – the link:
http://www.health24.com/medihelp/diseases.asp?alpha=&contentid=12539

You are welcome to phone our helpline – 0860100262 where you could be assisted in finding a practitioner as close as possible to you.
Furthermore you are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information – especially the disparity of sexual responses between men and women and assignments that could be helpful: www.sexualhealth.co.za

2
Posted by: steve | 2009-09-23

am i at risk of catching glandular fever by performing oral sex on my girlfriend?

Reply to steve
Posted by: Babe | 2009-08-31

I really don' t know, but do get something in the line of flavoured condoms urgently! Poor boyfriend. Yeah we have to be careful about all those germs!

Reply to Babe