Question
Posted by: Christy | 2009/12/01

oral contraceptives and high bloodpressure

Hello,
I understand that oral contraceptives can cause high blood pressure. I battle wilth high blood pressure on and off and are trying to figure out if oc could be the culprit. If it is, would high blood pressure still be a problem during the 7 days of placebo tablets or does it take much longer than that to determine it? Thank you

Expert ImagePharmacist

Birth control pills can indeed increase the risk for high blood pressure. This is one of the risk factors you doctor should take into consideration when prescribing or renewing a script for your pill.

Your pressure should generally normalise during to placebo days.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2009/12/02

Reply to pharmacist