Posted by: Fustrated | 2009-03-17

Options to fall pregnant

Please can you advise :
We have been ttc for over a year. I had a laparoscopy 2 months ago, my gynae has told me that my cervical mucous is ideal and he has checked my husband' s sperm motility which he says is fine. We have still had no luck and I am beside myself with fustration, as I cannot keep going through the disappointment.
What are the costs of in-vitro fertilisation, fertility treatment etc - and is in-vitro fertilisation the same as artificial insemination? I am constantly being told to relax and stop stressing, that it will happen... but how do I actually stop stressing, when every month my period comes and it just gets more disheartening and I feel even more hopeless? I would like to hear from gynae doc and also from those who have been through this too..

I presume that you have had your ovulation checked and that the laparoscopy was normal. ARtificial insemination is different to IVF and is usually done if there is a sperm problem or a problem with cervical mucus. IVF costs about R25 000 - R30 000. If all your tests are normal, I would suggest that you continue trying for the moment.

Posted by: Fustrated | 2009-03-18

Dear KP
Sorry - I can' t find this site.

Reply to Fustrated
Posted by: KP | 2009-03-18

Hi frustrated

please join us at wwwdotourpreciousmomentsdotorg

Reply to KP