Question
Posted by: Blossom | 2010/01/13

Options besides colonoscopy

Doc, I have had severe heartburn, cramps and winding for a few months. I had a sonar done early dec and they couldnt find anything. However the doctor noticed a swollen tummy on the same sonar i took to him with a new appointment in January after no improvement.
He prescribed antibiotic, and other stuff for the oesophagus. I had relief for a day or two after however abdominal cramping started without heartburn this time. Cramping is not severe as before antibiotics. He prescribed probotics and Ulsanic tabs
Again I had relief for about two days.
Now I feel some cramps again, not as bad nevertheless. I think he is going to request a colonoscopy. I cant afford this - it costs a small fortune especially the hospital costs. Is there an alternative to see what is the problem with my colon?

Hallo Blossom,
A barium enema may be useful and maybe cheaper but the colonoscopy is the best examination to do, as they will anyway have to do a colonoscopy if they find any lesions in the colon with the barium enema.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/14

Hallo Blossom,

Reply to cyberdoc