Question
Posted by: sophie | 2008/06/10

operation - Ectopic preg

Hi there,

I had an operation due to ectopic pregnancy 3 weeks ago, i m back at work, i don't have pains and my questons are:
1. When do i start having an intercourse?
2. When do i go back to gym? and what excercises should i avoid?
3. my urine is burning sometimes, should be worried?
4. my gyna booked the next visit for 04/07/08, should i insist to go earlier since im experincing the burning?
5. when do i start trying again to get pregnant?
6. what is the course for ectopic preg and how can it be prevented?
6. any advise on do's or dont's would be appreciated i.e type of food

sophie

Depends on if you had a laparoscopy or a laparotomy. sexual activity and trying to get pregnant can commence as soon as you feel comfortable. If the burning persisits, then see your GP.
Little can be done in terms of prevention apart from avoiding a pelvic infection. There is still a good chance of a normal pregnancy if the other tube is normal