Question
Posted by: sean | 2009-09-25

open skin under eye

I have 3 yorkies they sometimes get brown muck that comes out of their eyes and i manage to clean it most of the the time when it is still a wet but i was away for 2 weeks and had somebody else looking after the dogs and they never cleaned their eyes so by the time i got home the brown stuff was already hard and stuck to their hair so when i tried to clean it off i managed to scratch the skin open under yhe eye is there anything i can use on the open skin just under the eye pls help!!!

Dear Sean

F10 ointment

1
Posted by: Chill | 2009-09-26

My goodness.

Surely you use something DAMP to clean off crusty things around the eye?

I don' t think I would put anything on a wound that close to the eye without my vet having a look at it first.

If it' s clean, not irritated, and small, then wait and see, it should heal up. If it looks in any way dicey - go to the vet. Don' t mess around with disinfectants or anything - if you need to wipe it, use cooled boiled water, on a small clean bit of cotton wool. Tamper with it as little as possible, and be GENTLE in that area.

Reply to Chill