Question
Posted by: Glen | 2010/07/09

Open marriage

Please any advice would help!
just over 2yrs ago my husband &  I decided after much talk to have an " open marriage" . We have been married 18yrs with 2 kids. I discovered yesterday for the last year he has been involved in an emotional affair which is the direct result of the other woman being 4 months pregnant now. And he has kept this a secret from me. This was supposed to be consented to sexual behaviour only. He has not told me anything till I found out for myself yesterday, now the trust is shattered, I am so hurt. What to do now? Should I leave? Can we perhaps go beyond this. I used to think we could do anything together, now there is so much mixed emotions.

It hurts. Unfortunately this is not unusual when you bring in other sexual partners into a marriage or have the so-called open marriage. The two of you must sit together and he must decide which way he wants to go. Leave you and go into the new relationship, or pay maintanance for that child and stay with you. Which ever way it goes, both of you will have to work on a committed relationship. Go for (marriage) counselling and emotional support.

4
Posted by: sexologist | 2010/07/10

Reply to sexologist
Posted by: Bella | 2010/07/09

I''ve never understood these so called ''open marriages"  . There must something wrong with you mentally for even considering it. It seems as if the idea comes mainly from the men, and their wives just go with it because they are insecure and don''t want to lose them. The scary thing is, that so many people think that this way of life is normal! WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!!!

Reply to Bella
Posted by: Teko | 2010/07/09

He he he he he he he he, i think the man did you right...... the other woman will take your place now becoz u thought u are smart...

Reply to Teko
Posted by: Thats it | 2010/07/09

No wonder people find themselves in situations like this and kids in broken homes, because they have " open"  marriages and swing paries and forget the true meaning of the unity of marriage.

Reply to Thats it