Question
Posted by: Kate | 2011/01/07

Oolong tea

I was told that it promotes weightloss by burning fat and increasing metabolism.
Is it true? I don''t eat much. Three square meals a day and the occassional snack. I''ve cut out breads, " white"  carbs and sugary drinks altogether.
I lose very slowly or nothing at all (I don''t gain either). Would the tea perhaps boost things a bit? I bought it already so I have to drink it..I just want to know if it does anything at all.

Dear Kate
I do know that Green tea contains components that have been shown to assist with weightloss, but I am not sure about this Oolong tea. Check if it just contains tea or if it has added ingredients that may cause diarrhoea or diuretic effects. If so, it is not a good idea to use this type of slimming product. Constant diarrhoea and urination can lead to a loss of the normal function of the digestive tract and dehydration.
Rather concentrate on cutting down on your fat intake (you save 37 kJ per gram of fat that you don't eat) and doing some regular exercise like going for a brisk walk for 30 min a day to stimulate your metabolism.

1

Dear Kate