Posted by: eve09 | 2009-03-31

online counselling

As i said, I am too far away from the people Famsa can offer. really. Out in the sticks. (no negative connotation here. I love being here- my one joy in life is nature) No money to spare. And I have got a diet plan from a website with ongoing support but it is not that I don' t know how to eat, it is willing myself into making the effort to stick to a plan. Could you perhaps give me a pointer as to where to start then I can get back to you as i go along? I am depressed with what I have allowed myself to become but I am not clinically depressed to my mind. Besides, i refuse to take drugs and can' t afford them. another family member uses the full medical aid allowance so I only consult doctors etc when it is essential. I am 60- I know it all, rreally. I need your help with my mind!

BY all means get back tom me and the regular readers of this forum, with regular reports of your progress ( and know ye that we will weep, gnash our teeth, and rend our garments if there is not regular progress ).
I agree you are probably not Depressed, but depressed, in the sense of saddened and discouraged. SO the task is to get ENcouraged. Concentrate not so much on what you have let yourself become, but as what you are going to become. Make charts to help you see progress, of weight, of meal-plans kept to, of occasions when you cheated on the diet ( maybe disappointing at first, but then you can see those lapses become rarer ). Concentrate on what you will achieve --- feeling more energetic, less lethargic. Plan some special outfits you will allow yourself to get and wear WHEN you reach particular milestones. Have some non-calorie treats and rewards for mileposts passed --- maybe renting a DVD of a film you like, whatever. Enlist family and friends to monitor your progress ( so you can't backslide in secret and in private ) Plan pleasant things you will be able to do when your weight gets down and you get more energy and well-being --- have many concrete goals, rather than just a vague idea of "lose weight".
Come on other readers, I know several of you have managed to lose weight --- come in with your suggestions, too.
Oh, and understand that weight-loss is not, however perfectly you keep to your diet, a straight-line smoother reduction of weight --- at times it's fairly fast, at times there are bumps on the road, or plateau's when you don't see the improvement you deserve.Persist --- those are not excuses to lapse, but encouragements to continue