Posted by: K | 2009-01-26

Ongoing Periods

Good Morning Doc

I have a problem with my periods. They started on 16/01/2009 and they normally take 4 - 5 days so I expected them to stop at least on 20/01/2009 or 21/01/2009. I am still on my periods even today (26/01/2009) and not sure what to do.

On the day that my period started, I took a morning after pill because the condom broke when my husband &  I had an intercourse. Do you think that pill might have had something to do with what I am currently experiencing?

Please respond as I am really worried and advice me on who I should go &  see.

The other thing is I am still experiencing period pains at this stage.

It is likely that this is due to the morning after pill as this can disrupt your cycle. the best thing is to just sit it out. Use Ponstan for the pain if you need to.