Posted by: Morgonovic | 2013-01-17

One year later, still nothing

Hi. My partner and I have been trying for a baby for a little over a year and to date, nothing. He and I each have daughters from previous relationships so we cannot understand where the problem lies. I''ve googled fertility clinics but they are SO expensive. What route can we take to find out what is " wrong"  with us without having to go this expensive route?

Dear Morgonovic
instead of going directly to a fertility clinic you could also see your gynaecologist and the initial investigations can be carried out by him to ascertain as to why you are having difficulty falling pregnant.i would suggest that your gynaecologist do a complete hormone profile, a laparoscopy to assess for any tubal patency and any other gynaecological problems that may be existent and for your husband to do a semen analysis. By doing the above test, your gynaecologist will be able to determine if there are any factors contributing to you not falling pregnant.
Answered by Dr Y.M.Dasoo