Posted by: CK | 2009-01-16

One wedding two couples

We got married on white wed last year, and now we are planning to our tradition wedding at his home town, the problem is my husband’ s brother also want to have his tradition wedding the same day with us and my husband support the idea, they are considering the issue of finance and stuff, but I don’ t like the idea, First of all my family will have to travel 12 hrs drive to get there, which I think they will be tired to wait and listen to all people during ceremony, also I don’ t feel our day will be intimate and the issues of cultural differences coz my culture is different form theirs, please tell me how should I deal with this issue as it cause the tension btwn us? Or am I being unreasonable?

I suppose the idea makes financial sense. You're not being unreasonable, though strongly opposing an idea the two bridegrooms and presumably their family support, may not be helpful. Why not discuss this with them, raising your concerns, and seeing how things might be modified to improve the situation. Maybe there could be 2 separate ceremonies ( one taking proper account of your culture ) and one for the other couple, but one feast ? Can his family, as this is being done so as to suit them, perhaps contribute funds to enable your family to arrive earlier and get rested before the speeches start ?