Question
Posted by: Cindy | 2011/06/15

One Tube Block

Hi Doc, I had severe abdominal pains 6 yrs ago went to a gynae and was told that my leftside tube is blocked and need to open it with surgery. I never did the surgery was to scared i still experience the pains but it is bareable. I''m planing now to have a baby. What is my chances of getting pregnant and should i go for the surgery.

Dear Cindy

The problem with a blocked tube on one side is that quiet often the remaining tube on the other side may also be affected, and this might be microscopically. Therefore the chances of conception will be significantly reduced and I would propose that you have another independent evaluation of your pelvic anatomy done, preferably by means of a laparoscopy (small operation to which looks directly at pelvic structure and assess stage and grade of damage).

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/06/24

Dear Cindy

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert