Posted by: Kathy | 2010-10-22

One side of nose blocked.

Every night, within minutes of lying down in bed, my right nasal passage completely blocks up. It feels like cement has been poured down my nose. Blowing it makes no difference. It sometimes clears up if I spray. Once I get up in the morning, it seems to clear up within an hour of starting to move around. Do you have and idea on what might be causing this and if there is anything else I can do to clear it up or stop it from blocking.

Expert ImageSinus Expert

The nasal passages do take turns in being more swollen. This is called the nasal cycle. On lying down this is more pronounced due to increase in blood flow to the head. If one side blocks excessively, it might be due to a septal deviation of nasal polyp. Have it checked by an ENT