Question
Posted by: madelyn | 2010/05/10

one month''s notice?

hello, i have worked for a company for almost 4 years. I plan to resign once my new empolyer sends me my contract etc. What if i dont give one month''s notice? what if i just dont come back? i am not happy and dont feel like wasting another month here. so if i had to just walk out and not come back could they hold me liable in any way???

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: ONE MONTH'S NOTICE

If you don't give one month's notice they could sue you for the damages they might incur.

2
Posted by: Boetie | 2010/05/17

Usually if U walk off the job then U forfeight all your rights. Years ago my son walked off the job because he could not take the nonsence anymore. The boss refused to pay his leave pay etc. + when he contacted the labour dept. they told him that he forfeighted all his rights to claim moneys due to him by walking out. I don''t know if the law has changed at all. Check with the dept. before deciding anything. U don''t want to shoot yourself in the foot.

Reply to Boetie
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2010/05/13

RE: ONE MONTH'S NOTICE

Reply to labour lawyer