Question
Posted by: Janki | 2012-01-18

One issue

I am 19 years old. I weigh an average of 50 and my bmi is 19. I am not fat at all. I am blessed with great genes I think, because my mom is also not fat and my dad also not. I just struggle to lose the extra bit of weight on my waist. i seem to have a bit more fat there than on any other part of my body. And when i gain weight I usually gain it first at my belly. But when I lose weight I keep losing at my arms and legs, which are already thin. Do you have any advce for me regarding this? I don''t eat junk food more than once a week and I try to limit my intake of rice, potatoes, bread etc. I also don''t eat a lot of sweets. What should I do to trim some more fat at my belly? or do you think I must just start toning my ab muscles more? Please help me. I want a flat stomache so bad.

Dear Janki
You are certainly Not fat, but are tending towards underweight, which if taken too far can also lead to problems such as anorexia. Using a diet cannot help you gain or lose weight in specific parts of the human body. Targeted exercises and certain treatments offered by laser clinics may assist in slimming you down in only one area. If you tend to have a little bit of fat on your tummy, it is best to do exercises like sit-ups that target and tone the stomach muscles. Such exercises take time to have an effect, so give your muscles a chance to get stronger.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2012-01-19

Dear Janki