Question
Posted by: Tracy | 2010/02/12

One eye asleep?

Not sure who to talk to, desperate for an explanation/solution.
Mom diagonosed with progressive primary aphasia - now can' t speak anymore, been complaining about pressure behind left eye since october, been to 2 neurologist, had 2 cat scans no answer.
Pressure subsided in December now she says her eye feels asleep for most of the day, I think this effects her vision as she decided she could not drive anymore in December. She reackons she had a stroke in October as she had a sharp pain in her head on the Sunday then had pressure behind eye and problems with eye ever since. Please can you shed insight into this, if not could you possible pass it on to the Doc who can perhaps help. Many thanks!

I can't "Pass" questions to any other expert in this system it doesn't work that way. I gather the neurologists have checked her thoroughly and feel she has no specific brain damage, tumour, or abscess causing any of these problems ? Strokes can be small and focused, causing a range of effects, though pain in the head is usually not one of them. If there is anything wrong with the vision in that eye ( presumably that was tested ? ) she'd be wise to give up drivin, as one needs good ision in BOTh eyes in order to have proper depth perception which is so important in driving.
I don't know if there is an Eye doc among our experts, but they should be able to advise, or a neurologist, otherwise our GP Cyberdoc.

1