Question
Posted by: Guj1 | 2013-01-12

One day Menstrual Period Repeat

Goodday Doc

I''''m writing to you after writing to a Health24 gynae on this site and my question was regarding a 1 day period that I had in December 2012 and she requested that I do a pregnancy test because I might be pregnant. I did the test twice and it came out negative and in November 2012 my periods on came for 2 days. Now in January 2013 I had my period on the 10th until yesterday morning and in the late afternoon yesterday I changed my sanitary pad and before I went to sleep I changed it again there was nothing coming out until this morning. I am really getting worried. Can you please advice. I really need to have a baby and when this is happening I get worried.

Thanks in advance.

Dear Guj1
The first step in this investigation would be to test your progesterone levels as well as your thyroid levels. Should these be normal I suggest you do a pelvic ultrasound scan to exclude the possibility of a cyst.
Answered by: Dr M.I.Cassim

1
Posted by: Guj1 | 2013-02-04

Thnx Dr Cassim, I will do that.

Reply to Guj1