Question
Posted by: Frances | 2011/05/10

Oncology Diet

My husband is receiving radium treatment for prostrate cancer and is having digestive problems. Can you recommend a list of foods that he should be eating and that can assist with this problem? He is in his 4th week of treatment now with another 3 weeks to go.

Dear Frances
I am so sorry to hear that you husband is receiving radium treatment for prostate cancer and suffers from digestive problems. Please consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), to assist your husband during this difficult period. The dietitian will have to determine what types of digestive problems he suffers from and which foods he is able to tolerate and then prepare an individual diet prescription for your husband.
Holding thumbs that your husband will soon be feeling much better.

1

Dear Frances