Question
Posted by: belle | 2008/09/06

Oncologist help

I am in jhb and my father (64 yrs old) has been diagnosed with a cancer in the tail end of his pancreas, which has spread to his stomach and part of the liver. He also has developed Sister Joseph'  s nodule which i believe shows an advanced sign of the cancer. We have received these reports after having done an endoscopy, colonoscopy and full body CT scan.

Do you know of a good oncologist in johannesburg we can see for the next steps? I am looking for the best and someone who is an expert in this field...please could you recommend someone?

thanks
belle

Dear Belle

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Unfortunately, I am situated in Cape and is therefore, not familiar with oncologists in your area. I recommend that you contact your nearest Private Hospital, as they will be able to provide you with details of a good oncologist in your area.

It is a terrible diagnosis and all the best to your father. Make sure that his pain is well controlled with Morfien. He can use as much as he wants, in order to control his pain.

Kind regards

1
Posted by: Dr Bets | 2008/09/08

Dear Belle
There are a few excellent oncologists in Johannesburg. Prof Ruff at Johannesburg hospital, Dr Rapaport Medical Oncology Centre of Rosebank, Dr Vorobiof Sandton oncology Centre.

Reply to Dr Bets