Posted by: Ewif | 2008-11-28

On Weighless and battling to lose

I am on eltroxin, 0.5mg per day. Have 7 kg to lose. (weighed in at 55 and have only lost 1,2 in 3 weeks.) Goal weight 49. Do I possibly need T3 treatment as well? I am very short and really must get rid of the excess weight to help my knees and feet feel better. I do however feel fatigued - very, very fatigued. I have started taking an iron supplement to see if I will feel better. I am 49.

Thanks very much.

Dear Ewif
I would recommend that you have a medical checkup with the dr who is prescribing your Eltroxin because you may need to have your dose adjusted. When you see the dr ask him/her to test your iron levels because you need to know if you actually have an iron deficiency or not Before you start taking an iron supplement. Another reason for feeling so fatigued and not losing weight can be depression. If this could be a factor also mention it to the dr because you may require treatment for this condition. Once you feel more energetic, do add some form of aerobic exercise such as brisk walking to your weightloss regimen because it will stimulate your sluggish metabolism.