Question
Posted by: Leo | 2011/03/22

On post 345 I would also like to know more

I would like to know as well, what does a -|- ring do? Will it help me to keep my erection after orgasm. I do have a problem with PE

Dear Leo,

After orgasm it is normative for an erection to go flacid. The older we are as men the quicker this process can be. Also due to the refractory period after orgasm, which has to pass, before it is possible to get an erection again using a cockring to maintain an erection can be a challenge.

3
Posted by: INFORMER | 2011/03/24

Men who can develop but not sustain an erection may use a constriction ring. As soon as erection occurs, a metal or elastic ring or a leather band with snaps (sold by prescription in pharmacies or OTC in sex paraphernalia stores as a “  -|- ring” ) is placed around the base of the penis, preventing venous outflow. If the man cannot develop an erection, a vacuum device can draw blood into the penis, after which the band or ring is placed at the base of the penis to retain the erection. Bruising of the penis, coldness of the tip of the penis, and lack of spontaneity are some drawbacks to this modality. A constriction ring and vacuum devices might also be useful adjuncts for patients who do not respond satisfactorily to drug therapy.

Reply to INFORMER
Posted by: A man | 2011/03/23

No, it will not help to keep an erection after orgasm, why would you want to anyway, nature predicts we go flaccid after orgasm, you cannot change this. A -|-. ring only helps to maintain an erection once you are already erect.

Reply to A man
Posted by: sexologist | 2011/03/22

Dear Leo,

Reply to sexologist