Question
Posted by: superjoe | 2009-01-31

on pill

we had a baby b4 last year &  my girlfriend was advised to use a pill or injection 4 prevention, decided on injection &  recently she started 2 have periods. those periods are irregular. they come &  stop sometimes they are heavy. she was told the periods must stop as soon as she took an injection but was never told what was the problem. i wanna know causes these

Some women have irregular period on the injection. She should go to her doctor or clinic to see what further needs to be done.

1
Posted by: Natalie | 2009-02-01

Hi Dr, I had my daughter 3 yrs ago - i didn' t struggle to conceive at all. Afterwards I immediately went back on my pill Nordette. The year before last I skipped my period in December. In April 2007 I went off the pill as we wanted to try for our 2nd - I had constant irregular periods so I figured to go back on the pill to regulate my monthlys...I went off the pill as of Dec 08 again...but still I' m constantly having irregular monthly' s. I went to our local GP who diagnosed that I was not ovulating due to Nordette. He put me on some Oestrogen and Progesterone tabs - all is well but then I found out that if I miss those pills one day I start bleeding again. Do you think there are any other underlying problems, woudl you recommend I go to a gynae? What would you suggest?

Reply to Natalie