Question
Posted by: sonu sharma | 2010-09-02

on meditation

i want know that than we sit for meditation then other points comes in the mind why.
next is how much time we have to do the meditation
last is that which place is better for the meditation

Expert ImageMeditation Expert

Hello Sonu,

The practice of meditation makes us more aware of our unconscious thoughts and feelings. This doesn't mean that more thoughts are coming into the mind, it just means that we are becoming more aware of the thoughts and feelings that we were previously unaware of.

This is like storing things in a cupboard and never looking at what we've put in it for a while. After sometime the cupboard gets very full and when we eventually take a look, everything falls out... :)

Regarding the place you practice. In the beginning a place that is quiet and comfortable is best.

Meditation requires constant practice and guidance from an experience teacher.

If you would like to discuss things further please call me or email me.

Kind regards
Warren

warren@thecentre.co.za
082-377-1994