Posted by: Stella | 2012-09-27

on clomid - abdominal pains second half of cycle

Busy with my 2nd round of Clomid (taking it days 3 - 7). Gynae said I ovulated on day 16 in my first round but we didn''t get pregnant and my period started on day 27 (but too early).

This time round, 10 days past ovulation I started feeling a heavy, crampy feeling in my lower abdomen, similar to how I feel when my period is about to start. It has been going on for days. It comes and goes, but is at times so uncomfortable that I take ibuprofen to calm it down. My breasts are also very sore and uncomfortable. Feels warm and swollen. An I feel emotional and very tired. Today I am on day 26 of my cycle so should find out soon if I''m pregnant or not. The way I feel just make me wondering whether something is wrong?

I so very much want to be pregnant, but could something be wrong if I''m having these cramps and am feeling so uncomfortable? Could my hormones be going haywire?

The sore breasts and mood swings are probbaly side effects of the Clomid. The abdominal pain may mean that your ovaries are swollen, also related to the Clomid. If this does not resolve soon, see your doctor for a scan.

Posted by: melody | 2012-09-28

hi dear eazy up on the ibuprofen as its not good i fell preggies after first round on clomid 100 after trying for 4 yrs i had the same symtoms as u and only to be told the good news.

Reply to melody