Question
Posted by: urgent | 2010/03/04

on anti-epileptics &  want to fall pregnant

I need urgent advise, i am am Tegretol and Topamax, etc, and i really want to have a healthy baby, and start trying for a baby i have been told that i could have a baby with birth defects if i take my medications while im pregnant but if i dont i can have fits and loose the baby. what can i do minimise the effects of the meds on the pregnancy.
im desperate

You need to optimise the mediction for pregnancy. The Tegretol is okay but Topamax not. See your doctor and try to find substitutes that are safer in pregnancy.

1