Question
Posted by: Sue | 2013-02-01

Omnia slimming tablet

Hi Doc,

Do you know this tablet and does it work.

Any of the readers please advise as well.

Dear Sue
I do not know what Omnia slimming tablets contain and if they work and/or are safe to use. You can however, judge for yourself by comparing the ingredients to the slimming pill and potion ingredients listed on the DietDoc site. Click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page, then on 'Weight loss' and 'Diet Detective' for lists of such ingredients and potential side-effects and/or to see if they are actually linked to weightloss. In most cases these over-the-counter use the same herbal ingredients (some of which have the potential to be harmful and addictive) and then combine their product with a strict diet which is either very-low-energy (less than 800 kcal or 3,200 kJ/day) or an Atkins-type diet which prohibits carbs. Neither of these diets can be recommended, but it is often the starvation diet that causes the weightloss and not the diet product itself.
Take care

1
Posted by: Khushi kumari gupta singh raizada | 2014-02-10

I eat about 800 calories(3200kj) a day. I weight 100lbs(40kg). Is this healthy?

Reply to Khushi kumari gupta singh raizada