Question
Posted by: Samantha | 2012/01/31

Omega 3 and flaxseed oil

Yesterday I bought Vital''''s Omega 3 supplement. I read on the box that it also has flaxseed oil in every capsule.

I have PCOS and we are trying to conceive.

I read that taking flaxseed oil during pregnancy and if you have PCOS is unsafe.

Can I continue using the supplement or should I rather stop because of the flaxseed oil it contains?

Dear Samantha

In general there is no significant adverse effect to my knowledge regarding the use of Flaxseed oil but you should stop if you are on fertility treatment or as soon as you are pregnant. The use of Omega is safe throughout.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim