Question
Posted by: Leigh | 2011/11/08

Omega 3 and 6

Hi Diet Doc

I am taking Biogen Omega 3 &  6 supplement as I want to incorporate these healthy fats into my diet. I am 28 and on high blood pressure meds called Pearinda, for the last month as my BP was high at my last dr''s check up, I have taken my BP at home over the last 3 weeks and its right down to 120/70 range. I am due back for a check up this weekend. I wanted to take the supplements as I heard that Omega 3 &  6 is good for cardivascular health, my question is...is taking this Biogen supplement as beficial as eating the food that naturally contain the healthy fats. I dont eat any of them unfortunatly.

Dear Leigh
It is always beneficial to eat natural foods, but taking omega-6 and omega-3 supplements is also a good idea. Modern humans tend to develop an omega-3 deficiency because we no longer eat as much fish as our ancestors used to do. The omega supplements should also help for the raised bp.

1

Dear Leigh