Question
Posted by: Pat Sparg | 2010/07/06

Omega 3

I have got a 13 year old maltese cross, would is still pretty healthy apart from a slight heart murmer, but she hasn''t started " coughing"  yet!, but she scratches ALL the time. Every year the vet gives her a cortisone shot, which controls the scratching for a couple of weeks. I do give her anithistamine, but would like to go more natural. Can I give her Omega 3 capsules?, which I have heard may help?

Hi Pat

Yes you can give omega 3 supplements to the dog. These are available from good pet/veterinary outlets and must be administered according to the instructions outlined on the product (according to weight). They will hopefully help in reducing some of the irritation. In addition I would also use a medicated animal shampoo that contains oatmeal extracts.

I hope this helps

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010/07/06

Hi Pat

I hope this helps

Reply to CyberVet