Question
Posted by: Olympus | 2009/03/12

Oldest student on campus

After a long time stuck in a job where I didn' t have to think too much, I' ve decided to start studying. My brain seems to have slowed down as the years have gone by. What can I do to make sure my brain is in tip top shape when the semester starts in July?

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Olympus

As we get older, there is a belief that our brains get slower. Like anything, the brain needs to be used and kept in top shape. No matter how old you are, you can learn, grow and change. It is also a matter of attitude, if you say you are slower, then you are slower.

Every human being can learn and learn to learn. Try crossword puzzles, word games and increase your reading, it will awaken your brain paths. Challenge yourself to do things better, read the dictionary, learn new words, exercise your mind.

Good luck with your studying, it will be a blast if you make it so.

Mike

2
Posted by: UncleC | 2009/03/13

oh!! thats mind not ming, and dont get eddicted...

Reply to UncleC
Posted by: UncleC | 2009/03/13

first i' d like to aploude you for doind that, but sorry the mind does slowdown as you age, what you can do to make it cope with all your school work try reading news papers, mag' s, novels etc. what really would help trust me i knw, is by playing arcade games(PSP/PS1,2,3) it really keeps the ming going and thinking...

Reply to UncleC