Question
Posted by: Mrs Wigley | 2010-08-06

Older dog''s behaviour changing

My oldest dog - guess between 7-10 human years have been behaving very strangly over hte past week. Almost opposite to her normal self, in fact seems to have gone batty?

She jumps onto the chair to try lie down on top of my chest - never mind on my lap. She climbs into the washbasket while I''m doing ironing. Not eating all her meals. Want to jump into the car all the time etc etc.

Have 3 dogs and all 3 are fairly set in their ways which is why this is so noticable. Nothing at home has changed so I''m a bit concerned

Mrs Wigley

From your description I suspect that you dog may be suffering from separation anxiety. This is a very common behavioural condition in elderly dogs and can be easily demonstrated when you see an increase in anxiety as you leave her alone.

As this condition is so well documented I will let you research the condition and therapy yourself on the internet as there is little point in me duplicating this info

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010-08-06

Mrs Wigley

Reply to CyberVet