Question
Posted by: Sandy | 2009-04-28

Old smelly food particles from back of throat

Hello- I have small little particles( usually the size of half a grain of rice) light yellow in colour, and with a horrible smell that come out from the back of my throat. These particles have now given me a constant horrible taste in my mouth and im afraid my breath might smell like this too. It has a faeces smell! I also have developed a post nasal drip and when I swallow my saliva I can taste this horrible taste

Hallo Sandy
This is calcified discharge from the tonsil crypts called tonsil stones or tonsolliths. Try gargling with antiseptic gargle and please let your doctor have a look at your sinuses - you may have a chronic infection needing antibiotics.
See http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/tonsil-stones-tonsilloliths-treatment-and-prevention
dr Bets