Question
Posted by: Odette Greyling | 2012-10-19

Old skin after long illness

Two years ago I had a nervous breakdown and in recovery. The stress and depression has caused my skin to age rapidly and now I look old an tired. I really gets me down. I am eating again and stopped smoking and drinking caffeine. Is there anything else I can do do return my skin to at least a bit of it''s former glory? It is dry and sensitive and even has some brown stains on it (apart from my usual freckles and eczema)

Thanks you.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Odette, thank you for the question and sorry to hear about the depression you went through.

This is a difficult question to answer accurately over the net; ideally, one would like to examine the skin, perform a VISIA skin analysis and determine your age before deciding on what to do.
Your best approach would be to make a consultation with an aesthetic medical practitioner or a cosmetic dermatologist who can guide you on the best path.
Generally speaking one get good results with glycolic acid peels and applying topical alphahydroxy and polyhydroxy acids, vitamin C, vitamin A derivatives, growth factors, stem cells, and anti-oxidants. These ingredients can be found with NeoStrata, Environ, Nimue, etc.
Sorry I could not be of more help.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2012-10-22

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Reply to anti-ageing expert