Question
Posted by: angelBDF | 2010/08/16

Old scar infected

Hi there. I just need some advice. Six years ago I had a myomectomy. The only complication I had from that was a bladder infection which my GP quickly helped clear. I am overweight and as a result my stomach sags covering the old scar. Two days ago I started feeling quite bad pain in the pelvic area and realized my old scar seems to be infected. My husband has helped my getting some of the puss out, disinfecting it and then applying Betadine. It feels a bit better today but certain areas are still hard to the touch. Is it possible for old scars to get reinfected? Should I be concerned? Can I treat it at home or should I go see a doctor?

Hallo Angel
It is very rare that old scars get infected, but you may have developed an infection in the skin fold , causing secondary infection of the scar tissue. You may need antibiotics,so please see your doctor for a prescription.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/16

Hallo Angel