Question
Posted by: Racoon | 2010/02/05

Old man cat with stomatitis

Our old man is now 16 years old, and has FIV. He' s been relative well the past 5 years, since diagnosis, and especially so since we started him on Moducare about 2 years ago. The past 6 months he' s been getting infections more and more often though. The last has been stomatitis which he has now gotten for the third time in about 4 months (previous bout was only 4 weeks ago). The vet saw him on Monday as he was bleeding from his mouth. Could find no specific site, so said it was diffuse bleeding, but gave him another corticosteroid shot. He is eating, but the bleeding is not improving at all. Big drops of blood in his food bowl. Any suggestions on what to do now?

Dear Racoon

No, at 16 with FIV I do not think that is quality of life is very good?

1
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/02/08

Dear Racoon

Reply to Cybervet