Posted by: Hercules | 2008-12-23

Old faithfull

My Boerboel is 12 years old and is suffering from arthritis. Will medication help his condition? He runs around and isn' t more agressive than normal. The only problem is he can' t stand for long periods and lies down a lot. He then have a bit of a problem getting up quickly. He looks healthy otherwise.

Dear Hercules

A combination of anti-inflammatory drugs, mobiflex and Tavan SP injections will help him a lot.

Posted by: Chill | 2008-12-23

Remember too that old dogs do not behave the same as young dogs - what' s happening is perfectly natural, 12 is a very nice age for a large dog, and he sounds like he' s doing very well to me. Medication will certainly help any discomfort he may be feeling, and improve the quality of his life. Let him set the pace as far as exercise and playing are concerned, he' ll know when he' s had enough. Don' t forget to spoil him a bit too!

Reply to Chill