Question
Posted by: Pam | 2008/08/23

Old dogs diet

Can I give my dogs cooked chicken livers and hearts with brown rice and butternut.?

Dear Pam

Do you want to give it to them once, daily or only this?

2
Posted by: Chill | 2008/08/24

I' m sure you can, but why would you want to? Manufactured dogfood, provided it' s a decent quality, provides your dog with everything it needs for optimal nutrition, in a format that most dogs find absolutely palatable, once they' re accustomed to it.

I suspect that most people who prefer to give their dogs ' human'  food do so because they judge the dogfood according to human standards - ie, WE wouldn' t like to eat a whole bunch of brown crunchy pellets every single day, so we feel somehow guilty ' subjecting'  our dogs to that.

But dogs do not work the same as people, no matter how much we may like to think they do. Dogfood specially made for ' senior'  dogs is the perfect nutrition for them.... although of course there' s nothing to stop you sneaking in a bit of nice gravy (not too salty!) or some bits of chicken liver now and then!

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Pam | 2008/08/23

Can I giver my dogs chicken livers and hearts with brown rice and butternut?

Reply to Pam